Friday 20 March 2015

Surfing Cerritos, Baja, Mexico

Cerritos is a surfing beach which is very accommodating to surfers of all levels. I was able to experience the surf under small and large swell conditions. The water temperature was warm enough to surf in trunks, but I found it easier to wear a full body wetsuit to protect against the sun, surfboard rash and the long hours on the cool water.

I took out my shortboard on some smaller waves, but quickly transferred to the Longboard that I bought in LA last October. It is a used 10 foot board that needs some getting used to. At first it felt like I was riding a dining room table, but over the days I got the hang of it and quite enjoyed it, especially on the bigger waves. 

We met many great folks while out surfing and were able to make friends for the time we were there. The crowd was very polite and generous with the waves, which is not as common these days. 

I have included some of the most flattering pictures I was able to find. To me the waves always felt much bigger than what they appear in the photos, but maybe the camera takes away a few feet!

A special thanks goes out to Matt and my lovely patient wife Rita for spending their beach time waiting for a good surfing shot. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment